Oh gosh okay
Zombies, Run! is an app for iPhone or Android and it tells you bits of a story while you run (or walk or whatever). Between the story clips it plays a song from your playlist or for maximum creepy you can select it to not play music.
The premise is that you are Runner Five, a person in Abel Township during the zombie apocalypse. You run around on missions with various goals. There’s a plot too which gets really intense as it goes on.
Bonus is that
1) Sam Yao is the greatest character on earth oh my god precious Sam Yao
2) queer characters like woah
3) women all over the place being badass or scaredy cats or whatever the hell they want because they’re realistic awesome characters
4) racial diversity as well kind of - it’s hard with voice-only stuff but Sam is definitely at least half Chinese, possibly biracial and Maxine is word-of-god black so that’s cool too. Lots of great headcanons in the fandom and speaking of that
5) BEST. FANDOM. EVER. I mean it.
6) the plot is amazing
7) greatest running motivator ever ever EVER
Drawbacks: you will probably cry and/or laugh and/or scream in rage while running and people will look at you funny but by then you’re too emotionally invested to care
So if you like great stories and don’t mind zombies or apocalypse stories then yesss get it but wait til Wednesday because they’ll probably have a sale on it :D